Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Vacation Week Four - Part One

The last week of my vacation was very exciting. During my trip, I purchased a Senior Lifetime National Park pass. It costs $80. I think I already got my money's worth! You will see as you continue reading this entry.

After I left Amarillo, I drove through Albuquerque, NM. While driving east at the beginning of my trip, I noticed a nuclear museum of some kind there. I tracked it down and stopped for a visit. It was small, but very informative. I am glad I stopped. They had everything from nuclear weapon information, nuclear medicine and nuclear power. Here are a few pics:




I traveled on to Holbrook, Arizona after leaving the museum. Holbrook is not far from my next adventure -- Petrified Forest and Painted Desert National Park. 

There was something fun in Holbrook - the Wigwam Motel!


Interestingly, I had stayed in something like this in Cave City, Kentucky many  years ago! I stayed at a local hotel during my two nights in Holbrook,

The next day I visited the park. Wow! Just Wow! Here are a few pics of the park and the amazing treasures it holds. Artifacts in this park have traced human life back at least 13,000 years. 







I took some short videos about each stop on the trek through this huge park. I will work in editing them in to one video soon.

Vacation Week Four - Part Two is next!


No comments:

Post a Comment