Monday, August 15, 2022

Vacation Week Two

 Week Two took me to Ohio, my home state. I stayed with a buddy that lives in Cincinnati. That was my home base for my Ohio visits! My Cincy buddy visits me in Phoenix periodically, most recently the week before I left on vacation!

On Friday, I took a quick day trip to Columbus to have lunch with some former coworkers. I have known these folks for about twenty years now. It was nice seeing them in person instead of via a conference call or video call. They all seemed a little jealous of my retirement. I have to pinch myself sometimes!

My Cincy buddy and I spent Saturday walking at the mall to "close the rings" on our Apple Watches then watched some movies. We both like the same kind of movies.

On Sunday I had a long day of driving. I first drove to Dublin, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus, to St Patricks Episcopal Church. I attended this church and spend three of my four EFM years at this church. I really miss these folks! I still participate in a book club video call each month with them almost six years after moving to Arizona.  I was nice seeing folks that were at church that day. I wanted to surprise folks, but some were not in attendance.

After church, I drove to Litchfield, Ohio to visit my aunt and uncle. That town is about two hours north of Columbus. We had our favorite lunch together, Mr. Hero sub sandwiches, then visited for a while, I needed to drive back to Cincy that evening so off I went. I had to stop by the grocery store to pick up some hometown favorites! The weather wasn't so great. I think I drove through more rain that day than I had seen in Arizona all year! I returned to Cincy safely. 

My last night in Cincinnati was very exciting. I had dinner with a close friend and his partner. I hadn't see them in many years. As expected, we picked up where we left off with our friendship. We keep in touch usually via text, but being in person was very special!

I concluded my visit to Ohio, then drove to Kentucky to visit my sister and her family. Week Three is next!

FYI, I didn't mention the names of my friends and family or post pictures to protect their privacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment