Monday, August 15, 2022

Vacation Week One

 I was fortunate to take a four week vacation during the month of July. Being away from home for that long took a lot of planning, but hey, that is what I do!

The trip encompassed 5600 miles of the West and Midwest United States as I traveled around visiting friends and family and seeing sites that I had only dreamed about.

For Week One, I visited a close friend in Kansas City. It was great spending time with him and his family in their new home. They hadn't been in it a year yet when I visited. I met his family briefly during a previous visit to the area, but didn't get to spend much time with them. I had a lot in common with his uncle. We had a good time talking music stuff! I also got to see my friend play softball. I teased him that I would take him to Chuck E Cheese if he got two hits! ROFL He is visiting Phoenix in September to attend the Kansas City - Cardinals game at State Farm Stadium. Fun stuff!

I spent the rest of Week One in St, Louis visiting my BFF. We always have a good time when we get together. It was the first time I visited St Louis since before the pandemic. It was good seeing some familiar places and eating at some favorite St Louis restaurants. My best friend threw a retirement party at one of our favorite restaurants and invited some of the guys I have hung around for many years. He is so good to me! 

As always, it was hard to say goodbye. We will see each other again in October during our annual time share week in Orlando!

Please check the next article for Week Two!

FYI, I didn't mention the names of my friends and family or post pictures to protect their privacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment