Thursday, February 19, 2015

Lent - Day 2

Lent - Day 2 

The devotional I chose only publishes devotions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I didn't notice that when I read it yesterday. I found this site written by the rector at St Patricks that will post a short devotional each day

Thursday, February 19
          
The Prayer Book calls us to a Holy Lent asks a number of things of us: self-examination, repentance, prayer, fasting, self-denial and, reading and meditating on God’s Holy Word. I will write about each of these over the next few days; first, self-examination. “Humankind cannot bear very much reality,” so says TS Elliot.  And I would add, especially when it is unpleasant stuff about ourselves.  None of us is perfect, and never will be. But to face the unpleasant truths about ourselves opens a door to new opportunities.  When we know the truth about ourselves we are less likely to be shocked by our own behavior. And when we treat ourselves with the same sympathy and understanding we would extent to our best friend, there is actually a hope for change. So look into that mirror of personal and unpleasant truth, but do so with compassion.

Technology Thursday
My friends tease me about my fascination with gadgets and technology. I have been experimenting with robot vacuums the past few months. I found two used iRobot Roomba robot vacs on eBay. I have Rudy (yes, I named them...) running in the kitchen and entry way and Roscoe running in the bedrooms upstairs. They do a decent job of light cleaning.  I still need to do more indepth cleaning regularly, but these little marvels really help me out.  The coolest part of these little devices is that they find their way back to their home station after they complete their run and seat themselves on the charger again!  Cool!

I found a Groupon deal for a newer model that also does light mopping on tile floors. That one should arrive in the next week or to. I will try Rudy on the hardwood floors in the family room or the tile floors in the basement.  

Yes, I can be a silly old geek bear sometimes!  

**********************************************
As wise King Solomon said, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths” (Prov. 3:5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment