Monday, February 16, 2015

Our biggest little problem

Our Daily Bread
Those of you that have been around me more than thirty seconds or so know that I am smart, witty.... and that I tease folks... a lot. It doesn't matter who. Sometimes friends and family. Sometimes folks I have never seen before at the grocery or at Target. The tongue that forms the words to encourage and inspire can also rip someone to shreds.

There is a song by Hawk Nelson called Words.  Here is an except from those lyrics:
Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out

Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You

Let these words be our prayer today and every day. Especially me. I need this.  ;-)

Lord, our words reflect how much of you is inside us wanting to get out!

Movie Monday
I have been catching up on movies the past few weeks. Here are two more recent releases that I saw.

Vice
Vice is a scifi thriller about a special city by the same name that sells "experiences" that you can't get in normal society. They had a city of clones that were illegal everywhere in the world except for the Vice "resort".  There were some cool scifi kinds of things in the movie, but most of the "experiences" were hostile acts against women. That part was NOT cool at all. I was interested in the movie because Bruce Willis was in it, though it was only a cameo part.

I give it one bear paw.

Taken 3
This is hopefully the last of this series.  Seriously, please let it be the last!  I watched to see if they would do anything different. Yes, they did, but it was pretty much a lot of the same stuff from the first two movies. Forrest Whitaker was in this one and added some interest.

I give it two bear paws for all the action scenes.

*****************************
Tolstoy once said; “Where there is faith, there is love;
Where there is love, there is peace;
Where there is peace, there is God;
And where there is God; there is no need.”  Can your faith in God move you beyond your own needs and seek a way to live in this broken world and serve the children of God?  - J. PerezTolstoy once said; “Where there is faith, there is love;
Where there is love, there is peace;
Where there is peace, there is God;
And where there is God; there is no need.”  Can your faith in God move you beyond your own needs and seek a way to live in this broken world and serve the children of God?  - J. Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment