Friday, February 13, 2015

Special ingredient

Our Daily Bread
I like to cook and I like to eat (as you might be able to tell from the second half of this blog entry). I used to cook for some "townie" friends when I was in college. They loved the way I made my spaghetti because it tasted great and was different than anything else they ever had. Of course, I used a "special ingredient" that I wouldn't divulge until one of the guys asked me for my recipe so he could give it to his new wife after they got married. Nice!

Restaurants often try to differentiate themselves with "special ingredients" or "special sauce" or other such things to differentiate themselves from the competition. Christians have a special ingredient when we read the scriptures and pray -- the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit acts as a binding agent to hold all those things in our hearts (cooks will understand what a binding agent is. Here is an explanation.)  When you read, when you pray, when you are serving God, pray for our binding agent to work in us!

Lord, we ask that your Spirit bind your Word and your love in our hearts and minds!

Foodie Friday
I tried a pizza place in Grove City recemtly called Tristanos. MMMMmmmMMMmmmmm, good! If you like deep dish pizza (like Giordanos stuffed crust pizza), then this is the place to go in the Columbus area. Homemade sauce and Italian sausage highlighted the pie. I thought the crust was maybe a little too much, but overall quality and flavor rivaled my favorite pizzas from Chicago and Louisville.

They also have thin crust pizza, other Italian dishes such as lasagna and some interesting sandwiches and appetizers.  Check them out on Facebook.

The restaurant is on Columbus Avenue near downtown Grove City. I am glad I don't live closer!

**************************************
 For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord.- Psalm 117:2

No comments:

Post a Comment