Monday, February 9, 2015

Mawwidge....

Our Daily Bread
Every time I read the word "marriage" I think about the wedding scene from The Princess Bride.  Yes, I am a silly old bear. I dream of the time when I can in front of a minister who would jokingly start my wedding ceremony that way!  Check it out for a few laughs 

I have been fortunate to know several couples over the years that have/had an enduring love. What a blessing! It took hard work and commitment to each other. It took other things that I guess I don't understand, but hope to some day. Let's say a prayer of thanks for those folks who inspire us to keep searching, keep working hard, keep loving. Amen!

Sometimes the love we feel at home helps us show love to others.

Movie Monday
I haven't had a lot of time for movies the past month or two, but I am trying to watch all the movies nominated for the Best Picture Oscar. I watched these over the weekend, both great movies about very smart men.

The Imitation Game
This is the story from the life of Alan Turing, who many consider the father of the computer.  It was an amazing performance by Benedict Cumberbatch, for which he received a Best Actor nod. Great movie that had you involved throughout. I read about Mr Turing and his sexual orientation. I didn't realize they would address it in the movie. It reminded me we have come a long way with LGBT rights. We still have a long way to go.

The Theory of Everything
I can understand why Eddie Redmayne received the Best Actor nod and why this movie the Best Picture nomination. Wow. Very good movie and from what I understand, a good representation of the life of Steven Hawking.  He is arguably one of the smartest men to ever live. His unbelievable achievements came after he found out he had Lou Gehrigs disease. He was given two years to live. He is still alive today against all odds. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.  He didn't!

*******************************
I got this -- God

No comments:

Post a Comment