Friday, May 30, 2014

Be who we are

Our Daily Bread
I think we all question at times why God made us the way he made us.  True?  Why am I short, fat, tall, skinny, bald, full head of hair, gay, straight, etc.  On and on it goes. A few decades ago I received a similar answer to one of my questions that the author of the devotional quoted "I think God made all of us the way we are for a reason . . . "  Wow!

The Bible version quoted is one of my all-time favorites - Phlippians 4:13. Look it up!  It is a great verse! The devotional also had a great tag line: "God’s call to a task includes His strength to complete it."  God gives us the tool kit or helps us develop the tool kit to do the tasks he assigns to us. I know I often forget that!  We can do these things!  Praise God!

Lord, we thank you for giving us the skills and tools we need to accomplish the tasks you give us.  We thank you and praise you!

Foodie Friday
Cafe Divan
I ate at a small Greek restaurant in the Georgetown area of Washington DC on Sunday.  I stayed within my comfort zone when ordering.  I thought about ordering more traditional Greek dishes with lamb in therm, but shied away!  I had a sauteed veal liver appetizer with onions and herbs.  It was very tasty and almost enought for lunch by itself!  The veal liver was cubed and sauteed to perfection.  For my entree, I had the chicken shiskabob.  It was well seasoned and tasty, though it would have been nice to have more of the grilled veggies along with the chicken.  The seasonal veggies were very well done.  The rice pilaf was understated, but still very flavorful.

If you ever get to Georgetown, look up the restaurtant at www.cafedivan.com.  Enjoy!

****************************************
For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord.- Psalm 117:2



No comments:

Post a Comment