Thursday, May 1, 2014

Whoa to Woe!

Our Daily Bread
The ODB site was down today so I found another devotional site.  I liked the scripture and the message today:
Devotional Passage: Ezekiel 13:1-9
Thus saith the Lord God; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing! - Ezekiel 13:3

Wow!  This passage is from Ezekiel.  If you fast-forward to the New Testament and the new Church, there is STILL the problem of foolish prophets!  People will be people!  While we can pray for discernment to know who to listen to and who not to listen to, I am also praying for discernment on what I need to say (or not say).  I don't want to be a foolish prophet who follows my own spirit!  Noooooo!

Lord, please help us know your voice and live in your Holy Spirit!

Technology Thursday
Space Shuttle Quest - Number 4
As we enter the month of May, I started to get excited about my trip to Washington DC over Memorial Day weekend to see the Space Shuttle Discovery.  I visited the other three space shuttles over the past 18 months.  Here is a picture of the Discovery:


I really like looking at the differences between the shuttles.  It reminds me of the journeys that each of us make in our lives!

********************************************
Waiting for God is never a waste of time. - Our Daily Bread Jan 26 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment