Monday, May 12, 2014

Not just hearers only

Our Daily Bread
Do you have friends or family that seem to have the short-term memory of a teensie fly?  You tell them something and two seconds later they do something the exact opposite of what you said?  If I were totally honest, I would say I have done that too!  Ha!

The children of Israel seemed like that over and over in the Old Testament.  Aren't we like that over and over in our lives?  I guess I am admitting something here.  How about you?  For me, I don't speak with kindness to everyone I deal with.  I joked with my boss, who is also a Christian, "We are supposed to be nice at work.  Who knew?"  ha!  Yes, we are to be what Christ taught us in all situations no matter how unnatural and difficult it can be.  I feel like I am changing, much too slowly for my overachieving personality!  God, please work in us!

Lord, you know our hearts.  You know where each of us excel and where each of us fail.  Please help us grow in you!

Movie Monday
There wasn't much at the movie theater that I wanted to see this week, so I chose what was in my opinion the least of three evils - Neighbors.

Neighbors
This is the story of a college fraternity that moved into a quiet neighborhood next to new parents.  The father is played by Seth Rogan.  Like I said there wasn't a lot of choices this weekend.  I think most of his movies unfunny and sophomoric.  Yeah, like I am soooo grown up!  ha!  But I digress!  The movie tells the story about how Seth Rogan's character and his wife try to take down the frat because they are constantly partying and waking their baby.  This film is not for folks who are offended by bad language, drug use and some sex scenes.  There were also some "coming of age" themes going on as well.  Very odd movie.

I give this one one bear paw.  This would be a last resort if there is NOTHING else to watch on Netflix.  Some folks might like the movie just because Zach Effron goes shirtless a lot.  Ewwwww.....

********************************
Trusting God’s faithfulness dispels our fearfulness. - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment