Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Senior moment

Our Daily Bread
Yes, I must admit that I am an AARP member.  I will also be eligible for many "senior" discounts after my birthday in August when I turn 55.  I still have five years before I can get my Golden Buckeye card!  LOL

Some friends and family use the term "senior moment" when they forget something.  I could relate to the author's story about forgetting what he went upstairs for.  I live in a quad level home.  I often forget from one level to the next! I also liked the part of about being able to forget the stresses of the day and the cares of this world because we are Children of God.  We can lay all of our cares on him.  We can trust.  We can rest!

Lord, you are our Great Shepherd.  Please help us to only listen to your voice!

Teaching Tuesday
Summer Reading
I have had two weeks off from reading so it is about time to start my summer reading list.  The first up is Surprised by Hope by N.T. Wright.  It was recommended to me by some EFM friends.  I will write about it as I read.

My next books are more C.S. Lewis books.  I am not sure which ones yet.  I am thinking about re-reading Mere Christianity first, then move on to some of his others.  I will let you know where God leads me.

What are you reading?

****************************
We can thank the Lord that through His grace and power, our past is forgiven, our present is changed, and our future is bright with hope for all He has prepared for us - Our Daily Bread, 10/13/13

No comments:

Post a Comment