Tuesday, July 8, 2014

In times like these

Our Daily Bread
"This Rock is Jesus, yes he's the one. This Rock is Jesus, the only one! Be very sure, be very sure. Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!" Those lyrics are from one of my favorite songs from the Billy Graham Crusades. Wow! Singing that hymn at church seemed like heaven in my little mind!

When thinking about the metaphor of the anchor, I thought about the boats my family owned when I was growing up. We used the anchor to keep the boat in a specific spot, regardless of good weather or bad. Some folks think that the Jesus "Anchor" is only for bad, stormy times. The Anchor is also there to steady our location when we need to stop motoring around!  The Anchor can keep us steady in a storm or keep us from floating around aimlessly! Praise God!

Lord, you are our Solid Rock. Please help anchor our hearts and lives in this Rock!

Teaching Tuesday
Surprised by Hope
by N.T. Wright
I finally started on this book last week. While the premise of the book seems sound -- finding hope in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ -- I have the feeling that I don't need convincing. I believe in all the things I have read so and have for a long time. I will keep reading.

*************************************************
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen” (Eph. 3:20-21 niv).

No comments:

Post a Comment