Monday, July 7, 2014

Spiritual CPR

Our Daily Bread
I joke with some friends about doing the Heimlech maneuver or mouth to mouth resuscitation. Noooooooo, not you! we would joke! Ha! I don't think we would joke about it if one of us acutally needed it! No sir!

The devotional made me think about "spiritual CPR". What would we do to rescue our friends and family from spiritual danger? Would we do more than pray? It can be tough to talk to them since they actually know you! Ha! We need to try. Live the right way to show them God's love. Talk the right way so they hear his love!

Lord, you give us the power to reach out to others. Please help us use it!

Movie Monday
The only movie I saw at the theater last week was a repeat because a friend hadn't seen it. I rented a recent movie off of Uverse Saturday night.

Out of the Furnace
This film received some critical acclaim because of the cast. It was a truly amazing cast! The plot is about a man who is constantly trying to keep his younger brother out of trouble while still managing his own life and problems after spending time in jail for a drunk driving accident that killed two people. The acting was amazing. The story line sort of predictable. I thought it was too long for the story they were trying to tell.  That is just me.

I give this one two bear paws. Not a bad rental, but it is not the feel good movie of the the year.

At the theater I saw Maleficent again. I liked that movie.

****************************************
God has two dwellings, one in heaven and the other in a meek and thankful heart. —Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment