Monday, July 14, 2014

Truly wondrous

Our Daily Bread
I saw a video on Facebook over the weekend that explained how magicians do the "bend the spoon trick". There is a special kind of metal that returns to the shape it was given at a certain temperature. A magician uses a spoon made out of that material and "bends" the spoon to its original shape. The metal in the spoon actually does all the work!

I know that completely blows your mind like it did mine! ha! I thought about how God does truly wondrous things in the lives of his children. We are made of a metal that is in the image of God. We spend our lives seeking the ways to get back to God after the world and sin bends our lives out of shape. God is there. No magic involved.  Just love and his Holy Spirit to lead and guide us!

Lord, please help us love you and thank you for the way you straighten out our lives!

Movie Monday
I saw two movies this week - a brand new one and an old one that was new to me.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
I was hesitant to see this one. After reading the reviews and user opinions, I paid my money for the 3D ticket. I am not sure the 3D was worth the extra money, but the movie was pretty good. The story line is about how the apes and the humans meet up again after not having contact for several years. The apes are thriving. The humans are struggling. The thing that struck me most about the movie was that there is good and bad in ALL of us no matter what our species!

I give this movie 3 bear paws. See it on the big screen, though 3D is not necessary.

North by Northwest
I hadn't heard of this movie until I saw it on the CAPA summer movie list. It stars Cary Grant. Need I say more? LOL It is considered a Hitchcock masterpiece for it suspense and the balance of a charming performance by Cary Grant. It is a little over two hours long, which is very long for a movie made in 1959, but it held my attention.

I give this movie three bear paws. Rent it. The last showing on the CAPA series was last night.

***************************************
I pray the weight of my sins doth not crush me back to dust from where I came. I pray that God create in me a new, clean heart and place a right spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of my salvation. Praise the Almighty God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment