Thursday, July 17, 2014

Transparent

Our Daily Bread
Transparency means different things to different people. Older folks think it means those sheets of clear film that we used to write on and project on a screen before Powerpoint came along! Gosh, I am old!

I have written my blog with a high level of personal transparency over the years. It takes people off guard. It can also make people feel umcomfortable -- especially me! LOL Reading today's devotion reminded me why I write this way and why I need to keep working on transparency. Letting others see in can help them overcome their similar issues. It can encourage others to know that other folks have things they deal with. We can also encourage each other as well share our experiences. Living our Christian lives in community is how things are supposed to work!

Lord, transparency is not easy. Please help us put aside our pride, selfishness ande arrogance so we can get closer to you!

Technology Thursday
Old School
I admit that I use too many harsh chemicals around the house. To clean the toilet. To kill weeds. To get all the germs off the kitchen counters. I found two old school, all natural alternatives that I plan to try. Both involve white vinegar. I will let you know how it goes.

Weed killer
















Toilet bowl cleaner
Pour about a cup of white vinegar in your toilet. Let sit for 15 - 20 minutes. Brush around the edges and flush. Your toilet is clean and sparkly! (and disinfected!)

***************************************
Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God - William Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment