Wednesday, February 6, 2013

And they'll know

Our Daily Bread
There is a campfire song that I really liked called "We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord".  The last line is "and they'll know we are Christians by our love".  How true it is!

The devotional talks about how our actions must be in sync with our words.  Yes, it is nice to say the right words at church or in public places.  It is another thing to live those words with our deeds.  They must be consistent! 

I know I have a problem with consistency at times.  On days that I don't feel good or am stressed, my actions do not match the godly words that are coming out of my mouth.  I hope you are better than I am at consistency!  Let's pray for each other about it!

Lord, thank you for your consistent love for us.  Please help us be consistent in living for you!

Wellness Wednesday
Lent
Lent starts next Wednesday.  What are you giving up for Lent?  To be frank, I never really observed Lent very much when I was  younger.  I started paying more attention to it as a Methodist and now even more as an Episcopal.  I gave up popcorn one year for Lent.  I faltered a time or two.  I will try again this year. 

I feel giving up something that you like is a good exercise for wellness.  Discipline, especially when it comes to spiritual things, is a very good thing.  Doing things like reading your Bible and devotional each day is good.  Praying each day is good.  My new discipline guideline is that I can't spend more time at the movies than I do in prayer and Bible study.  Whoa!  That is a big one for me.

What personal discipline goals do you need to work on in  your spiritual life?  Let's pick one and work on it for Lent!

********************************
u r a bcog  u r fawm  Now believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment