Thursday, February 21, 2013

Treasures

Our Daily Bread
I am from a family that likes to drive and drive fast.  My uncles raced cars when I was a child.  I still remember them fiddling with their cars!  We used to joke with them as we grew older and they drove the kids around "Be careful!  You have precious cargo!".

The devotional spoke to me at two levels today.  First, as it intended, it talked about how the real value of our lives and what we do is what we do for God.  Plain and simple.  Everything else is just "stuff" on this earth.  We carry the grace of God in our minds and hearts, this earthly vessel of life.  It is just a vessel no matter how large or small it is or how we dress it up!

The second thing I got out of the devotional is: constantly thinking of others as vessels with precious cargo!  We are all precious in God's sight.  He wants a relationship with us.  As Christians, we should see that precious cargo of human soul and treat everyone as precious!  I know it is difficult.  I suck at it, especially when folks annoy me!  Oh well. Let's pray for each other about that!

Lord, we are just jars of clay on this earth.  Please help us remember we all carry precious cargo!

Technology Thursday
Interesting new tablets

Archos, a hardware company that makes several cool consumer electronics gadgets, is updating their line of tablets this month.  The new models come in three sizes - 8, 9.7 and 11.6 inches.  The 8" model is a little larger than an iPad mini, but it has better resolution and a faster processor.  The 9.7" model is the same size as the regular iPad.  It has similar resolution and a faster processor.  The 11.6" model is pretty large by tablet standards.  It also has a quad-core processor with "retina display" quality resolution on its display.  They all run the Android 4.1 Jellybean operating system.  They also have a removable media slot for expansion.  The most amazing part?  The price!  They will run $199, $299 and $349 respectively.  If they perform decently at all, they will be worth the price!

I will probably check out the 8" model.  I don't like my Google Nexus 7 tablet.  It has more issues than I do!  ha!

Here is the link to the Archos site for these tablets.

**********************************
I pray the weight of my sins doth not crush me back to dust from where I came. I pray that God create in me a new, clean heart and place a right spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of my salvation. Praise the Almighty God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment