Thursday, February 7, 2013

Never stranded

Our Daily Bread
I don't think my sister remembers this incident from our childhood, but I laugh about it every so often.  There were four children in my family.  We usually traveled in a station wagon (before the days of minivans!).  On one of our trips we stopped at a gas station for gas and a rest room break.  We were in a hurry for some reason, so we rushed back to the car and got on the road.  A few miles down the road, I looked around the back of the car and asked "Where is Karen?".  Yikes!  We turned around immediately and rushed back to the gas station.  My usually pleasant sister was sitting patiently on the curb waiting for us!

Don't we all feel deserted by God at times?  It may not be from sin or not fulfilling our calling as Christians.  It could be because we are waiting.  Waiting for God to fulfill one of his unbelievable promises to us.  I call my lack of patience "tapping my foot patiently".  It can't be done!  ha! 

I pray that each of us act like my sister.  She sat patiently and calmly.  She KNEW we would be back to get her.  She was not alarmed.  Can we do that too while we wait on God?

Lord, thank you for always being there for us.  Please help us have faith in your promises even when we can't see or understand how things will work out!

Technology Thursday
USB 3.0
The latest version of the USB standard is not common on all newer PCs and laptops.  USB is the interface used by a "thumb drive" or "USB drive" used to store data.  Those little sticks come in all shapes and sizes now.  It is amazing to me that they can hold as much data as some of my old hard drives!

Be careful when buying a new USB drive of you want to take advantage of the new standard.  Be sure your PC or laptop has a USB 3.0 port.  Be sure your thumb drive is a 3.0 version.  Ask someone at the computer store or read the description on Amazon.com if you aren't sure.

The new standard is MUCH faster for transferring data to and from.  Very cool!  Enjoy!

***************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment