Monday, February 18, 2013

Walk the talk

Our Daily Bread
There were several things drilled into my head as a young Christian.  Read the Bible.  Pray. Talk the talk and walk the walk.  One teacher changed that last statement to "walk the talk".  What?

The passage from I Corinthians 2:1-5 talk about this.  We cannot usually win people to the Lord with just our words, not matter how convincing we are.  Most folks will see right through us if we talk one way and then act (walk) another!  Walking the talk means acting the way you talk.  If we speak about love, then be loving.  If we speak about kindness, then be kind.  If we speak about treating other folks as ourselves, then we ought to do it!  Talk the talk.  Walk the walk.  Walk the talk!

Lord, thank you for your example of walking and talking.  Please help us follow your example?

Movie Monday
I saw the movie Quartet last week.  Be assured that I followed my new guideline of spending more time in prayer and Bible study than at the movies!  Praise God!

Quartet
The movie was sort of like a portal into my future!  Not really, but I had thoughts of what it would be like to retire in a place like the one in the movie!  The home was for retired musicians.  There were a lot of singers, chorus members and instrumentatlists.  There was a lot of layers to the plot, which I liked a lot.  The characters were all very lovable.  My favorite was Wilfred, a flirtatious Scot that continuously flirted with all the ladies.  I think I related to his flirtatious nature!  Oh well.  The plot centered around a fund-raising gala event that celebrated Verdi's birthday.  The movie was very sweet and very well acted.

I give this movie three bear paws out of four.  Definitely see it at an art film theater near you!

****************************************
u r a bcog  u r fawm  Now believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment