Saturday, February 9, 2013

Change of plans!

Our Daily Bread
I have often been told that I am not "spontaneous" enough.  Whatever...  ha!  I like to plan, but I am not 100% tied to my plans.  I like to have plans and goals to help me achieve the things I want to achieve in my life.

Often my plans and schemes are not the best things for me.  I re-learned this lesson when I was studying the story of Jacob in the Old Testament a few months ago.  When Jacob gave up his own plans and schemes, he became the great man of God, Israel! (from the EFM manual).  Wow!

I love this line from today's devotional:
"He often needs to divert us in order to make more of our lives than we would have if we had stuck to our original plans."

What plans are we sticking to that you need to let God divert?

Lord, your ways sure aren't our ways.  You know what you are doing!  Praise God!

Simply Saturday
Dead Sea Scrolls
I am traveling to Cincinnati with a group today to see the Dead Sea scrolls exhibit at the Cincinnati Museum Center.  We have a full day of activity planned in the center, so it should be a lot of fun.  Check out the link above.  It looks very cool.

Here are some other resources about the Dead Sea scrolls:
Wikipedia
An interesting link to the Digital Dead Sea scrolls project
The West Semitic Research project site
Some Google images of the Dead Sea scrolls

Finally, here I am standing in the Dead Sea.  I digress, but I got to see the general area where the scrolls were discovered!


*****************************
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment