Monday, February 11, 2013

This offer expires in 24 hours!

Our Daily Bread
I don't know about you, but I am horrible about letting coupons or Groupons expire!  I see the line "This offer expires on ...." and I think I have all the time in the world to use it!  I usually forget about it and throw it away (or get a Groupon refund) a month or two after it expires!  Yikes!

We sometimes look at life that way as well.  We all know "This offer expires" when we expire!  ha!  The problem is that we don't know when our coupon expires!  Only God knows!  We should live each day like our coupon is expiring at midnight! 

How would you live your life differently today if you knew your coupon expired at midnight?

Lord, our time is in your hands.  Please help us live each moment for you!

Movie Monday
I saw several movies last week.  I am only reviewing one today since I may not have time to see a movie this week!

Stand up guys
This is a movie about three older crooks that are reunited after one of them gets out of prison.  They have one last run at glory before they face the sins of their pasts.  The acting was very good as Pacino, Walken and Arkin are the old crooks!  The story line is sort of bizarre and takes some bizarre turns IMHO.  Yet, one of my favorite exchanges of all time was in this movie:
Pacino: What are we doing today?  Chewing gum or kicking a$$?
Walken:  Well, I am all out of gum...

Ha!  I love that interchange!

I give this two bear paws.  It is definitely rentable.  Don't waste your money seeing it at the theater.  At least I saw it at the matinee rate...

******************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment