Monday, February 4, 2013

Not one more...

Our Daily Bread
I saw the movie Amadeus many years ago.  I loved the section of the movie when a listener said that Mozart's music "had too many notes".  He looked at them and said something like "each one is necessary.  It is perfect".

I will never be described as a man of few words (or few notes).  The devotional author said something I never noticed -- each devotional can only 220 words or less.  Wow!  I know I write more than that at times in my blog entries.  He also gave examples of succinct passages in the Bible like the ten commandments, the story of the temptation of Christ, the 23rd Psalm, etc.  Very interesting.  I think each of us can be more wordy than we need!

Lord, thank you for your Word.  Please help us do a better job of choosing ours!

Movie Monday
I saw two movies last week: Parker and Hansel and Gretel.

Parker
This is the latest Jason Statham movie.  It was entertaining, but nothing to write home about.  He had some cool fight scenes.  It was set in Miami, which was nice.  The scenes with Jennifer Lopez were interesting.  Michael Chiklis was a good villain.  Oh, and the first scene was shot in Columbus, Ohio, where I live!  That was cool!

I give this movie two bear paws.  Rent it. Don't waste your money at the theater.

Hansel and Gretel
I saw this one in 3D.  It was more fun in 3D I think.  The movie was just OK.  It is NOT a childrens story brought to life.  The language is rough at times.  The violence is rougher at times.  There is also some skin at times.  Weird movie, but mindless entertainment.

I give this one two bear paws as well.  Rent it.  No need to see it at the theater unless you want the 3D effects.

*****************************
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment