Friday, February 15, 2013

Teach me to pray

Our Daily Bread
I don't know about you, but prayer is a complicated thing to me.  Being an engineer type person, I do my best to keep it simple instead of thoroughly defining and documenting the process!  ha!  How about you?

The devotional talks about the way we usually approach God in prayer.  "Oh, God, something happened to me and I need your help" or "Oh, God, something happened to my and we need your help".  Sound familiar.  I have been thinking about prayer a lot the past few years.  I think I will make it my topic for Simply Saturday this week, so stay tuned tomorrow!

Regardless of how you approach God in prayer whether it be with needs or praise or thanksgiving, don't ever stop talking to God.  Yes, he knows everything that is going on in your life.  I find talking to God about things openly and honestly helps me keep things in perspective and opens my mind to listening for God's voice to lead me.  Pray today.  Today.

Lord, thank you for letting us come to you in prayer.  Please help us talk to you AND listen to you.

Foodie Friday
I ran across an article about healthy soup recipes this week.  Here is one of the recipes I want to try.  Sounds yummy on a chilly winter night!

Ravioli Chicken Soup
Pasta and chicken keep this healthy soup low in fat and calories, while still providing the nutrients and carbohydrates you need that brothy soups may lack. Saffron and leek add a nice, exotic touch.
Saffron is a spice with a bitter taste and notable golden yellow hue. This soup is great for lunch or
dinner.

Ingredients
Nonstick cooking spray
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 9-ounce package vegetable ravioli or herb chicken tortellini
1/2 cup sliced leek or chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, slightly crushed
1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves or shredded
fresh spinach

Directions
1 Lightly coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook and stir
chicken in hot saucepan for 3 minutes.
2 Carefully add broth, leek or onion, ginger, and saffron. Bring to boiling. Add ravioli or tortellini.
Return to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 to 9 minutes or until ravioli or
tortellini is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Ladle into bowls. Top each bowl
with several spinach leaves or shredded fresh spinach. Makes 4 servings.

*************************************
U r a bcog  U r fawm.  Now believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment