Thursday, November 7, 2013

Consulting request

Our Daily Bread
My title at work is "consultant".  I am a full-time employee, but I am considered an internal consultant about different electronic collaboration needs and technologies.  When someone needs our help, they submit a "consulting request" to have us research a possible solution for their need.  The needs or problems can vary a lot!

Our lives are sort of like that.  Our needs and problems vary a lot.  Realizing, like the devotional said, that different strategies are needed at different times is important.  We need to submit a "consulting request" to God each day (or multiple times per day if needed!) to determine the best strategy!  Sometimes God will work in mysterious and marvelous ways.  Sometimes it takes doing stuff for God to be victorious.

I had the latter when I had my eye issues.  God told me he would heal me, but I had to be more responsible taking care of my diabetes.  The combination of learning self-discipline, taking care of my diabetes and God leading me to an excellent doctor resulted in the saving of my eye sight.  Praise God!

Consult God early and often!

Lord, we thank you for your strength, power and wisdom.  Please help us ask you for help and guidance and then do what we need to do!  

Technology Thursday
iPad Air
OK, My name is Duane and I am a gadget geek.  I did not plan to buy a new iPad.  It just sort of happened.  By Friday evening of last week, I bought a 64 gig iPad Air and sold my third generation iPad!  What do I think of it?

I couldn't believe how much lighter and smaller the iPad Air is compared to the previous generations of iPads!  I thought I would buy an iPad Mini if I bought one at all because of the size.  The iPad Air has the same screen size in a smaller profile.  It is at least 1/2" narrower and 25% lighter.  I was so excited when I received my cover for it last night.  It has a hand strap inside so I can easily hold my iPad Air for reading like I did with my old Kindle!  This will work for me!  The speed of the device if very nice.  The camera is better.  I am still testing the battery life.  It looks good, too.  I have been very impressed with it.

Should you buy one?  It depends.  The iPad Air costs about $100 more than the iPad Mini, which will be available in the next few weeks.  The new Mini has the same processor and display resolution (called retina display), but in a smaller screen size (about 7.9" compared to 9.7").  Check them out.  Very nice devices.

Did I have any issues?  I think I had an iTunes issue because it happened on my iPad Air and my iPhone 5.  I have been using the latter for over a year.  I got some weird messages about purchases on my iPhone (and my iPad) had not been copied over to iTunes.  Very very odd to me.  Oh well.  Not sure what that was about.  I think it is fixed now.

FYI, some of the big box department stores have gift cards deals on Black Friday where they give you a store gift card if you buy an iPad.  You might check that out if you want a deal.

*******************************
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment