Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful, indeed...

Our Daily Bread
It is during this time of year that I try to make some special effort to be thankful.  Some years I write post it notes on my fridge with the people and things I am thankful for.  Each time I open the fridge, I have to read a note or write something on one of the notes.  It is a constant reminder since I am always in the fridge!  ha!

I have similar feelings to the author mentioned in the devotional.  I often look around my modest home and wonder why I am so blessed while so many others struggle.  It is not my job to question God.  It is my job (and our job) to be grateful and to share generously with others.  What a blessing!  

During this time of year AND all through the year, let us all be truly grateful for the gifts from above!  Lord, we thank you and praise you!

Lord, you know our hearts.  Please let vanity melt away into gratitude and praise!

Technology Thursday
Black Friday and Cyber Monday, oh my!  I mentioned last week about the great deals on electronics on these days (or the weekend).  I found the Dr Dre Beats Audio Studio headphones for $115 at Target.com.  They are usually $179!  Woohoooo!  Here are a few tips for shopping.

If you want a better TV so you can view Bluray DVDs, be sure to get one that is "1080p".  That is a very good resolution that will show all the details that a Bluray disk can display right now.  I prefer either 120mhz or 240mhz refresh rate to get the least amount of blurriness while watching actions scenes or fast moving sports (like when the Buckeys crush Michigan on Saturday!).  There are a lot of 720p TVs out there very cheap.  If you only plan to watch TV or regular DVDs, you can take advantage of those very cheap bargains.

Bluray players are now generally available with wireless networking built in.  They usually have apps that let you stream NetFlix, Hulu Plus or other services through your Blueray player.  If you choose a wireless networking Bluray player, you might want to stay away from the Sony brand.  They seem to have networking issues with most of their models.  I found this out while researching the issues with mine.  ;-(

There are LOTS of phone deals this weekend, so it is a good time to get a new phone if you are in the market.  Best Buy is a great place to get a good deal on your trade in.  They also have deals that the carriers may not have.  As usual, look around before you buy.  I love my iPhone, but there are lots of other options like the latest Andriod phones and some Windows phones.  There is also a cool new phone from BlackBerry called the Z30 that Verizon carries.  

Safe and happy shopping!

******************************************************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment