Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Truth and so much more

Our Daily Bread
I used to watch police shows where folks were sworn in during a trial with the famous line "the whole truth and nothing but the truth".  It all sounds so official that you MUST tell the truth!

Jesus did not have to take an oath to tell the truth.  What was he supposed to say "I swear to ME that I will tell the whole truth?"  ha!  Truth is all he knew how to say and be!  It is hard for me to understand Christ being Truth incarnate.  That is another one of those holy mysteries that we will not understand until we reach our eternal home.  I also find it amazing that Christ told the truth lovingly.  He was not like us who sometimes tell part of the truth or tell while lies in the face of intense scrutiny, even leading to his death! Thank you, Lord Christ, for being our supreme example!

Lord, thank you for being and living Truth. Please help us follow your example!

Simply Saturday
Funk
Ever had one of those weeks where you seemed to be in an endless "funk"?  I have been trying to recover from one of those.  It has been a challenge.  I have been busy.  I have been a little sick.  The antibiotic the doctor gave me for my sinus infection has been worse than the infection!

I praise God for this time.  He has been trying to purge some things from the head and heart of this silly old bear.  Purification and refining can be hard and painful.  As I joked with my roommate the other day "No pain, no gain!"  ha!  The growing pains I experience are MUCH less than the pains I cause myself if I continue in my sinful and selfish ways.  Yes, I am being hard on myself.  We have a high standard to attain.  God has also been teaching me to love and forgive myself when I fall short of the glory of God, which is every day!  DOH!!

One example is my experience yesterday.  I went to the parking office to change garages.  The office person was late, of course, so I started getting impatient and upset.  I stopped and prayed that I would be nice to the person when he or she finally showed up.  A few minutes later I looked up and saw a friend of mine from my old church walking around the corner.  He had a bad morning and was running late.  He was so excited to see me.  He was also embarrassed to be late when someone he knew was waiting!  Yes, we all need to focus on others instead of ourselves.  We never know what the other person has been through!

Please take few minutes today to figure out ways you can be better, be more Christlike.  I made a commitment to stop and say a prayer when I started seeing the "symptoms" of impatience or unkindness arising.  What will you do?

*********************************
If we’re gonna pray about it
There’s no use in worrying
If we’re gonna worry about it
Why are we praying
Just leave it in the hands of the Father
Leave it in the hands of the Healer
Leave it in the hands of Jesus
And walk away
Walk away   -- Brandon Heath & Thad Cockrell

No comments:

Post a Comment