Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sin no more

Our Daily Bread
I have had many discussions about sinning during my life.  I am fortunate to have Christian friends that I can discuss these things with.  We all have our different opinions about what things are sins, with some of us being farther along in some areas of our lives, others farther along in other areas of our lives.  We all agree on one thing -- sin is bad!  ha!

I wish I could sin no more.  I really do.  I know it hurts God when I sin.  It hurts him because sin hurts me, one of his children.  As I wrote about "deep cleaning" yesterday, I realized I didn't have as high standards as I thought about sinning and what things are really "sin".  There are some behaviors that just seem part of my personality that some folks think are sinful.  I acknowledge some of those things.  Some I do not.  "I yam what I yam" is the famous Popeye quote I use many times.  As a Christian, I can't say that.  I yam who God wants me to be!  Yes!

Lord, thank you for forgiving us of our sins if we just ask and turn away from them. Please help us to live for you so fully that we don't have time to sin!

Psalm Sunday
Let's read Psalm 120 today!  I think I am still exhausted from reading all of Psalm 119 last week!  ha!  What is a "song of ascents".  Here is a good explanation.

Psalm 120
A song of ascents.

1 I call on the Lord in my distress,
    and he answers me.
2 Save me, Lord,
    from lying lips
    and from deceitful tongues.
3 What will he do to you,
    and what more besides,
    you deceitful tongue?
4 He will punish you with a warrior’s sharp arrows,
    with burning coals of the broom bush.
5 Woe to me that I dwell in Meshek,
    that I live among the tents of Kedar!
6 Too long have I lived
    among those who hate peace.
7 I am for peace;
    but when I speak, they are for war.

***************************************
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen” (Eph. 3:20-21 niv).

No comments:

Post a Comment