Monday, November 11, 2013

New day...New hope

Our Daily Bread
How many nights have you laid your head on your pillow thinking "Well, tomorrow's another day"  I realize that we are not guaranteed another day, but we still think that after having a hard day or a day where things didn't go the way we wanted.  We think of the promise of a new day to give us hope for things to be better.

I like the way the devotional reminded us that the mercies of God give us new hope each new day.  We don't need no stinkin' old hope from yesterday!  ha!  We have new hope in God each day because each new day reminds us of God's faithfulness.  We remember he has been with us each and every day, even when we don't always "feel" it.  If I have learned nothing else from my Bible study classes the past four years, it is that God is faithful!

Lord, we thank you for your faithfulness until us.  Please help us be faithful to you!

Movie Monday
I saw Thor: The Dark World on Friday.  I had been looking forward to it for a few months.  I was't disappointed.  I saw it in 3D, which added to the experience.  The story line was sort of predictable, but acceptable.  The special effects were awesome.  The chemistry between the two main characters was very cool.

I give it two bear paws.  See it in the theater, preferably 3D to get the full effect!

I watched a few movies on Amazon Prime on Saturday when I was "veggin'".  I watched Reservoir Dogs, eCupid, and Equilibrium.  Reservoir Dogs is a Quentin Tarantino cult classic about some gangsters.  It was OK.  eCupid was a LGBT love story.  It was OK.  Equilibrium was a Matrix-like futuristic film starring Christian Bale.  When it was good, it was very good.  It was sort of odd the rest of the time.

*******************************************
Living out of love for God and pleasing Him should be our heart’s desire. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment