Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday

Our Daily Bread
Perceptions are an interesting human thing.  The title of this entry is Black Friday because it will be a very busy day online and in the stores as shoppers fight there way through the crowds in search of bargains.  One perception is really "Black Friday".  Another is "this is a great day to get the stuff I want to buy for my family at a lower price."  Another is "I have to work ALL weekend".  Then there is the weather factor.  I am looking out my condo window at a 63 degree sunny morning while my friends back home are freezing in a 20 degree morning.  Brrrrr! 

The point of the devotional and this blog entry is that our perceptions, including our often hasty first impressions of situations or folks, can lead us astray.  Taking a step back, listening to what God is tellng us, then moving forward with confidence is what Samuel did when picking David as the king of Israel.  David didn't fit the usual profile for the king.  God knew what he was doing.  Samuel trusted him and made the right decision.  We can read about the results of that decision over and over in God's Word!

Lord, we thank you for leadership and wisdom.  Please help us seek you before we make decisions or judge folks!

Foodie Friday
We haven't eaten out very often during our trip to Ft Lauderdale, but we had a couple of interesting meals.  

Louie's Backyard (Key West) www.louiesbackyard.com
My friend Timmy found this place while searching for places to eat lunch.  Louie's is right on the ocean a few blocks from the southern most point marker.  Beautiful view.  Great food.  I had the Bahama Conch Chowder to start my meal.  That was my "I usually don't eat this" selection for the meal!  It was like a spicy vegetable soup with a hint of conch goodness.  I didn't stray too far from normal on the entree.  I had the grilled chicken sandwich with a special sauce and bacon,  Very tasty as well.  Timmy had the apple streudle for dessert.  I had the chocolate brownie creme brulee.  Both were very tasty.  The meal was pricy for lunch, but worth it on a sunny November day overlooking the ocean!

La Bamba III
La Bamba is a "go there to be seen" place on Monday nights in Ft Lauderdale.  We were there pretty early, so we didn't get seen or see a lot of folks.  The service was very friendly and fast.  The food was very tasty.  I had a single hard beef taco that had a homemade taco shell.  I also had the shredded chicken chimachunga with black beans and yellow rice.  Everything was very tasty.  

********************************************************
You are a success in God’s kingdom if you are faithful where He has placed you. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment