Sunday, June 29, 2014

Efficiency

Our Daily Bread
I joke with friends about my fascination with efficiency. I try to keep it in mind when I am doing many tasks in a day or weekend.  I get a lot more done in a shorter time!  Woohooooo!

I had to learn some difficult lessons about trying to apply those principles to my Christian life. Yikes! God has taught me over and over about these things (I am a stiff-necked people...). I wish I had a longer term memory when it came to spiritual things. I feel like I have grown a lot the past seven years, but also realize that I have a lot more to give over to God.  I am not being hard on myself, just letting the inefficiency of being a human who wants to be like Christ set in my mind!  Let us all pray for each other as we live and grow!

Lord, you know us. Please help us live and grow no matter how long it takes.  It is about the journey!

Psalm Sunday
Psalm 149 is a beautiful psalm about the goodness of God towards his children, Israel. I think it applies to us as well!

Psalm 149

Praise for God’s Goodness to Israel

1 Praise the Lord!
Sing to the Lord a new song,
    his praise in the assembly of the faithful.
2 Let Israel be glad in its Maker;
    let the children of Zion rejoice in their King.
3 Let them praise his name with dancing,
    making melody to him with tambourine and lyre.
4 For the Lord takes pleasure in his people;
    he adorns the humble with victory.
5 Let the faithful exult in glory;
    let them sing for joy on their couches.
6 Let the high praises of God be in their throats
    and two-edged swords in their hands,
7 to execute vengeance on the nations
    and punishment on the peoples,
8 to bind their kings with fetters
    and their nobles with chains of iron,
9 to execute on them the judgment decreed.
    This is glory for all his faithful ones.
Praise the Lord!

************************************
God loves each of us as if there were only one of us. —Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment