Monday, June 23, 2014

Rooming with an art major

Our Daily Bread
During one of my summers at college, I roomed with an art major. We got to know each other from some mutual friends and decided to hang out during the summer. He taught me a lot about art and painting and also about leading a colorful life! He was quite smooth with the ladies using lines such as "If a face can launch a thousand ships, then why can't I launch you?" ROFLMAO Yes, he was a character!

God used that man to teach me about my relationship with him. There were several times that I thought my roomie was the only person I could talk to. God called him away to the phone or work or something else so he could talk to me alone. Those alone times with God were the start of my "isolation training" that seems to work so well with my spiritual growth.

The roomie also taught me about new beginnings with each new painting or drawing. He could make it whatever he wanted. Our lives in Christ are like that. We can make our lives whatever we want in Christ. He gives us freedom to live in his will, which is the best fufullment of a human life! Start today. Start the painting or drawing or scupture of your life. Make it beautiful in the eyes of our Lord and Savior!

Lord, you gave us so much beauty in this world. Please help us live beautiful lives for you!

Movie Monday
Jersey Boys
I saw the movie version of the Broadway show Jersey Boys on Friday night. I loved the music of the show. I wanted to seew what they did with the movie. The actor who played Frankie Valli was the same guy who played the original Frankie on Broadway (who I got to see). His voice is amazing! The movie did a good job of capturing the ups and downs of the relationships between the guys in the group and their families. They were not always good times. I thought the movie was pretty good and MUCH cheaper than seeing the Broadway show!

I give this movie three bear paws. See it at the theater to get the best sound!

***************************************
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen” (Eph. 3:20-21 niv).

No comments:

Post a Comment