Monday, June 30, 2014

Reboot

Our Daily Bread
The term "reboot" is used in several ways. The most common meaning is to "restart something". We see it used to describe restarting our computer, a movie or TV series or maybe even a relationship.

I thought of the latter when reading the devotional -- rebooting our relationship with God when things aren't working quite right. We usually have to reboot a computer after we did something with unexptected consequences. We also have to reboot after "fixes" are installed.  So now I think of rebooting as letting God install some fixes on my heart drive (see what I did there)  and reboot so I can operate for Him!  Praise God!

Lord, you know our OSs are in constant need of bug fixes and upgrades. Please help us to trust you to know what is best for us!

Movie Monday
I saw two new movies last week: Tammy and Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Tammy
A friend invited me to a sneak preview of the new Melissa McCarthy movie Tammy. The best thing I can say about it is that it was free!  Melissa's dumb girl act wears very thin about ten minutes into the movie and is rarely funny after that.  The movie was saved from total boredom by Susan Sarandon's and Kathy Bates' characteters.  Thank goodness!  Lots of interesting plot turns and odd scenes that were funny (though not always meant to be).

I give this movie 1.5 bear paws for the saving graces of Katny and Susan. Rent this one if you see it at all.

Transformers: Age of Extinction
This one, with the new cast, was better than Transformers 2, but not the other movies.  It was very very loud.  Wow...  LOUD! It was also almost three hours long. If you have read my reviews over the past four years you know I HATE needlessly long movies. The new cast was a nice change.  Same basic story lines. Same jokes. Same cheesy lines. More reasons not to trust the government. Ha!

I give this movie 2 bear paws for the special effects and new cast. See it on the big screen.

*****************************************
For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord.- Psalm 117:2

No comments:

Post a Comment