Friday, June 20, 2014

Remember this

Our Daily Bread
As I get older, I find myself remembering things less. My joke is "the more I learn, the more I forget. The more I forget, the less I know. So why learn?" LOL I write things down in a notepad app or Evernote or hand-written notes when needed. I find having the visual reminder (and sometimes an electronic reminder) ensures I will remember the important stuff!

After reading today's devotional, I think I should set a reminder to count my blessings and to thank God more regularly. Like the devotional said, we can get so caught up in the cares and worries of the day, that we easily forget where we came from and the things that God provided for us in the past. He clothes the flowers in the fields in all their glory. Don't you think he will do that and more for us? I love that passage of scripture. I need to remember it when I am worrying about my silly scenarios. Silly, silly scenarios!

Lord, we owe you rememberance, thanks and praise. That is the least we can do!

Foodie Friday
I have my monthly dinner group this Sunday. I thought I decided what dessert to take, then changed my mind at least five times this week! I think I will make the recipe below, a nice cool summer dessert. I usually add my own twist to each recipe. I will probably make this one with white chocolate pudding instead of vanilla pudding.

OREO Cream Pie [recipe]

what you need
36  OREO Cookies, divided
1/4 cup  butter or margarine, melted
2 pkg.  (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1-1/2 cups  cold milk
1 tub  (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

make it

CRUSH 24 cookies finely; mix with butter. Press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.

CHOP remaining cookies. Beat pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in COOL WHIP and chopped cookies; spoon into crust.

REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until set.

********************************************
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment