Friday, June 13, 2014

Safe

Our Daily Bread
I like action movies like the ones that Jason Statham stars in. A recent movie of his was called Safe. He befriended a young Asian-American girl that he protected from the bad guys. Several times during the movie she looked up with those big brown eyes and asked "Is it safe?"

I don't know about you, but there have been times in my life that I have asked God the same question. I have had a lot of health issues in my life. I don't blame God for my genes or for me not taking better care of my body over the years. Many of the health probelms I have faced were because of my bad eating habits and unhealthy exercise habits. Just like our sins, we can be forgiven, but we can't always escape the "wages" or consequences of our sins. Thank God that our salvation and redemption are safe with him. We are safe in his arms. We can rely on that safety for all eternity!

Lord, we thank you and praise you for your grace and love and eternal safety in your arms!

Foodie Friday
I had some chicken breasts over from another recipe and thought I would research something tasty to make with them. I found this dish.  Not sure what I will serve it with -- probably some veggies like broccoli and carrots.

Bourbon Chicken Dish [recipe]

NGREDIENTS:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup bourbon whiskey

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup and cheese and mix together. Pour mixture over chicken, then pour melted butter over top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour bourbon over all.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until browned and bubbly.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2014 Allrecipes.com

********************************
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment