Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sort of honest

Our Daily Bread
"The truth? You can't handle the truth!" is a famous line from the movie A Few Good Men. Jack Nichelson said this line to Tom Cruise while on the stand. I laughed to myself when I thought of the line while reading the devotional. How many times have we thought about telling God -- The truth! You can't handle the truth! LOL If I were completely honest with myself, I would admit that I have a tendency to over-exaggerate to make a point.  I don't want to admit that... ;-/

Yes, God, the author of truth, knows everything about us, even the stuff that we don't want to admit in our prayers. We often mask our known sins under the category of "both known and unknown" when we pray, fully aware that we have stuff we need to confess. Stuff that we need to overcome. Stuff that we need to turn over to God. Yes, we CAN do this -- with God's help!

Lord, you know our hearts and minds better than we do. Please help us open them both to your Holy Spirit so we can truly love and serve you!

Wellness Wednesday
I saw this article and thought "I need all the help I can get!" Check it out.

10 Healthy Food Blogs That Make Eating Well Extremely Easy
The Huffington Post  | By Julie R. Thomson

For many people, eating healthy is a chore. When the world is filled with glorious pastas, the cheesiest of pizzas, and layers of cake, why in the world would we ever bother eating a salad? Well, fellow gluttons, it's because not only is it a good idea for us to eat a vegetable every now in then, but also eating healthy is actually delicious -- no lie.

If you don't know where to begin when it comes to making healthy food choices -- or if you are already following a healthy, wholesome diet but need some new recipe ideas -- we have gathered together our 10 favorite blogs to turn to for fresh, seasonal, whole-grain cooking (and baking). These bloggers will make you forget all about the allure of double stuffed Oreos and kettle chips. Or at the very least, they'll make eating salads feel like a treat.

Duane: Check out the site for the ten food blogs! Click here.

***********************************
Let go, my friends! God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment