Monday, June 2, 2014

Proceed with Caution

Our Daily Bread
There is a lot of road work near my office building for the next few weeks.  A very busy stretch of road is being trimmed down to two lanes instead of four.  Traffic and pedestrians must all proceed with caution to ensure there are no accidents.

Our Christian life can be that way, too.  There are many times when we need to proceed with caution so accidents don't happen in our lives. I have had times where I didn't mean for something to happen, but it did. I didn't walk cautiously. I didn't follow the path or direction that God put before me. I knew what things to avoid just like the caution signs in the road!  Let us pray for each other to walk carefully in our loving walk with God!

Lord, your ways are not our ways. Please help us to walk in your careful, loving path so we can serve you better!

Movie Monday
I managed to see two movies this busy weekend: Maleficent and A Million Ways to Die in the West.

Maleficent
I liked this movie more than I thought I would mainly because of the way they created the main character. This is a re-telling of the Sleeping Beauty story with several twists.  I don't want to say too much about the story line and ruin it for you.  There are laughs.  There are scary parts.  There are touching parts.

I give this two bear paws.  It would be a nice rental some time.

A Million Ways to Die in the West
Oh boy. What do I say about this one? Seth McFarlane plays a lowly sheep farmer in a small town in the Wild West in 1882. It has similar humor to Family Guy and the movie Ted. Lots of cursing and vulgarity, some of which was very funny.  There were several very funny parts, but not enough to really carry the movie, even though I never really got bored in the two hour long film.  I call this a guilty pleasure movie because there isn't much there.

I give this one two bear paws for the clever writing and concept.  This is definitely a rental. Don't waste you money at the theater unless you have to (like I did!).

********************************
Excavating your heart will unearth the beautiful things God has planted in you. - R. Howerton

No comments:

Post a Comment