Friday, June 27, 2014

Our life GPS

Our Daily Bread
Men are notorious for not asking directions, especially when we are lost. It appears that men and women have a different sense of direction. Men have a more innate sense of direction. Women tend to rely more on landmarks for location and direction. That can lead to fun and games when on a trip!  ha!

Regardless of your gender, our life GPS are still the same - God's Word and the Holy Spirit. Regardless of our innate sense of direction or landmarks in our lives, we can rely on these resources to lead us to where we need to go! Always remember, it is not just about the destination. The journey, my friends, it is all about the journey! Make the most of it. That is the best part of living in Christ!

Lord, you lead us on wonderful journeys through our lives if we just let you!

Foodie Friday
The Explorers Club
I mentioned an interesting restaurant to my roommate last night.  He was "all in"! Ha! It is the Explorers Club in Merion Village. I have eaten once or twice before. I also have many friends who have eaten there. I looked at the daily special - Mexico. The empanadas sounded great, but the main dish and the dessert did not, so I went with the meatloaf with mushroom-garlic brown gravy and the habanero  pepper mashed potatoes. The meatloaf was pretty good. Very lean. Very tasty with the gravy. The mashed potatoes were very tasty. I also had a side salad to start with mango habanero sauce/dressing. Very, very tasty!

My roommate had the hummus quinoa patty sandwich with hunky slaw. He found a combination of hot sauces to complement the sandwich. He is much pickier than I am so I was glad he liked it.

We finished dinner with a stop by Jenis splendid ice cream.  Mmmmmmm!

Here the link to the Explorers Club. Check it out! In addition to the daily and monthly menus, they also have a food truck!

***********************************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment