Saturday, June 14, 2014

Someone watching over me

Our Daily Bread
I have never understood folks who spend hours and hours or even days on sand sculptures on a beach only to have the tide wash it all away! It reminds me of some folks that my former mother-in-law observed had "wasted lives".

The devotional talks about a rock sculpture, something way more substantial than a sand sculpture, that slid off the mountain where it was created. Folks in the surrounding area were upset and suddenly felt like they didn't have someone watching over them any longer. While reading the devotional, I thought of how things happen in our lives that make us question whether or not God is still watching over us. God is always stretching and growing us in our faith if we keep following him.

I think about how I acted and my attitudes just five to seven years ago. I am so much different now. I am also very much the same. I need to keep letting God expand my faith by the things he allows to happen to me. Expand my faith through learning from my mistakes (which are many). Expanding my faith from talking and learning with others. We are not alone!

Lord, you never leave us alone. You only let us find our way to you when we lose it!

Simply Saturday
To correspond to the devotional title this morning, I found the lyrics and video to Russ Taff's song Rock Solid.

Rock Solid
This is it, I have made my mind up: no more both ways,
I have been dancing on the border, wasting my days,
Why was I flirting with a time bomb? – I know what’s right,
Starting now, no more compromising – I’m changing my life.

Got my feet back on the solid ground, oh.

Now I’m standing rock solid,
Rock solid, no moving me,
I’m standing rock solid,
Rock solid, no-no moving me.

Don’t you find indecision tiring?
Why waste your time?
You could be standing here beside me, power in your life.

Got to get your feet on solid ground, oh.

Now I’m standing rock solid,
Rock solid, no-no-no-no moving me,
I’m standing rock solid,
Rock solid, no-no-no-no moving me,
I’m standing, rock, rock solid, rock,
Rock solid, no-no-no-no moving me,
I’m standing rock, rock solid, rock,
Rock solid, no-no-no-no moving me.

This is my life,
It’s all up to me now,
I choose to believe,
I’m choosing to believe.

Oh,
It’s my life,
Oh,
I believe.

I’m standing, rock, rock solid, rock,
Rock solid, no-no moving me,
Rock, rock solid, rock,
Rock solid, no moving me,
I’m standing, rock, rock solid, rock,
Rock solid, oh no-no-no-no moving me,
I’m standing rock, rock solid, rock,
Rock solid, no moving me,
(etc, fade)

***********************************
We can thank the Lord that through His grace and power, our past is forgiven, our present is changed, and our future is bright with hope for all He has prepared for us - Our Daily Bread, 10/13/13

No comments:

Post a Comment