Sunday, June 22, 2014

Trusting God

Our Daily Bread
I can't count how many times in my life that God has reminded me to trust him. Since I am a planner and a doer (and also stubborn about some things), I often try to take things into my own hands. I remember one period like this recently when I felt like I was bearing the weight of the world on my shoulders. I felt like I prayed about it, but truth be told, I wasn't really trusting God about the situations. While driving into work that morning, a series of songs played from my iPod about God carrying us and God working everything to our good. OK, OK, I got it, at least for a few seconds! How soon we forget!

Paul talked about this same thing in the scripture passage from I Timothy 1:15-17. Even though we are human and have sinful human desires, God is faithful to forgive us and lead us in the ways we should go. Wow! What an amazing God! What Amazing Grace! Let us all remember with each breath the promises of God! Read the psalm below to praise him!

Lord, we can trust you. We can love you. We can serve you. Please help us look beyond ourselves to the things of your realm.

Psalm Sunday
Let's look at Psalm 148 today. It is a wonderful praise psalm with very vivid images of ALL things praising our God!

Psalm 148

Praise for God’s Universal Glory

1 Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord from the heavens;
    praise him in the heights!
2 Praise him, all his angels;
    praise him, all his host!
3 Praise him, sun and moon;
    praise him, all you shining stars!
4 Praise him, you highest heavens,
    and you waters above the heavens!
5 Let them praise the name of the Lord,
    for he commanded and they were created.
6 He established them forever and ever;
    he fixed their bounds, which cannot be passed.
7 Praise the Lord from the earth,
    you sea monsters and all deeps,
8 fire and hail, snow and frost,
    stormy wind fulfilling his command!
9 Mountains and all hills,
    fruit trees and all cedars!
10 Wild animals and all cattle,
    creeping things and flying birds!
11 Kings of the earth and all peoples,
    princes and all rulers of the earth!
12 Young men and women alike,
    old and young together!
13 Let them praise the name of the Lord,
    for his name alone is exalted;
    his glory is above earth and heaven.
14 He has raised up a horn for his people,
    praise for all his faithful,
    for the people of Israel who are close to him.
Praise the Lord!

********************************
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment