Monday, April 27, 2015

Here comes the rain again...

Our Daily Bread
There was a popular song when I was growing up called Here comes the rain again by The Eurhythmics.  Very cool song. Rain is a funny thing. We need it for our crops to grow and our lawns to turn green, yet too much can be a very, very bad thing! I had seen how flooding ravages a home and a town. It is unbelievable!

The story in the devotional is about the Hebrew people as they moved towards their promised land, Moses reminded them that they wouldn't have to manually irrigate the soil.  God would send spring and fall rains!  

In the 21st century, rain is still very important even with modern irrigation technologies. Check out the news about the water shortages in the California and Nevada! Yikes!

"Rain" is also important in our spiritual lives. A little rain, which can sometimes seem like a flood, helps us appreciate the sunny days!

Movie Monday
I watched a couple of movies on Netflix this weekend. I really need to ride my recumbent bike when I watch them, but that is another story all together!  Here are two of them I watched:

Interview with a Hitman
This movie moved a little slow for me, but it has lots of action. It was about a hitman, so it was violent (warning!). Watching the whole movie was worth the plot twists at the end!

I give this two bear paws.

Fire with Fire
Fire with Fire had several big names in it, but I don't remember seeing it at the movie theaters. There were some good performances, considering the poorly written script. In short, a fireman witnesses two murders by the Arian brotherhood in Long Beach. When he agrees to testify, his live changes dramatically. 

I give this one two bear paws as well. 

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment