Wednesday, April 15, 2015

No mas (no more)

Our Daily Bread
When discussing the "God will never give you more than you can bear" passage with some friends, we all laughed when one of us said -- "God I love you, but NO MAS!"  LOL No more! 

I don't believe that God "gives" us trials, temptation or suffering. I believe God helps us through these things with the strength and confidence that only He can give. I have experienced it over and over in my life. I compare it to a weightlifter who keeps pushing himself (or herself) to life even more weight. There are times when we try to life too much on our own without the proper coaching or spotter to be there for us when we fail. 

God is so much more that a coach or spotter. We will never understand God's glory...

Wellness Wednesday
I have been experiencing a lot of hip pain when trying to walk or do my normal exercises. Not a good thing. I have a doctor appointment at the end of the month to look at it. I was told two y ears ago about arthritis and some other possibilities (see devotional above!).  I started looking for some alternatives that would get my heart rate up and not be painful. Here is what I found:

tai chi
Tai chi is an ancient Chinese tradition that, today, is practiced as a graceful form of exercise. It involves a series of movements performed in a slow, focused manner and accompanied by deep breathing. Check out this article by the Mayo Clinic to get started.

Yoga
Yoga a Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which, including breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health and relaxation. In the US, yoga is widely seen as a womens' sport since the moves and positions are often difficult for men to do. Here are a couple of articles about yoga moves for the rest of us!

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/endurance/top-10-yoga-poses-for-men

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/26/health/sleep-better-yoga/index.html


http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/yogapilates/flatten-your-belly-with-yoga/ss-AA8q6HW

As I tell myself each day, DO SOMETHING!!!

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment