Monday, April 13, 2015

In case of emergency, break glass

Our Daily Bread
We have all seen the fire hose/extinguisher stations in large buildings that have the sign "In case of emergency, break glass". Unfortunately, many of us treat our prayer life the same way -- only in case of emergency!

I had a case of this recently where I was feeling very self-sufficient. I started making plans without consulting God first. I started feeling very "full" of myself. Then, the manure hit the fan. God opened my eyes to the fact that I was not living the prayers that I say in church each week or the prayers that I suggest to other people. "Lord, our time is in your hands" starts the birthday blessing prayer. It is when we think everything we have is our own, including our health and time, that we realize how wrong we are.

Lord, our time IS in your hands. Please help us be responsible stewards of the time you give us on this earth.

Movie Monday
I saw the movie Last Knights over the weekend.  Morgan Freeman and Clive Barker starred in it. I wasched it becauase I sometime like medieval-knight movies. This one was just OK. The plot was OK and had nice twists throughout, thought the end result was pretty easy to see.  The performances were OK. The fights weren't overly bloody or unbelievable. If you like this type of movie, see it at a matinee. Don't pay full price!  LOL

I give this movie two bear paws. Would be a nice Netflix evening...

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment