Saturday, April 18, 2015

Reeeaaadddyyyy

My Utmost for His Highest [link]

Have you read or heard about the book My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers? I was introduced to the book by a mentor a few years ago. I have read the entire book yet, but I have been reading the daily devotionals based on the book on and off for over a year now. IMHO, it is WAY out there! Way out there in a good way. In a Christian extreme way. Extreme in that the man describes intense Christianity for the lay person. Take a look at the link above for today's devotional. It is about Readiness.

Readiness
Many years ago, I was watching the Winter Olympics with some friends. We chuckled at the starter for the speed skating. Each time, he steadily said "Reeeaaadddyyyy" in the exact same way, then started the races. His accent made us laugh as the said it the exact same way each time! A few years later, I heard that familiar word when I was channel surfing. When I came across speed skating, I heard it again -- the exact same way!

The devotional today is about readiness. I thought about the statements about always being ready. We are to be ready when God calls us or talks to us. We should have to get ready to do His Will. Very interesting. It is like the bride maids parable that Jesus told. I joked about the bride mades keeping r phones charged if the story was told in the 21st century!  We are to always be ready!

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment