Friday, January 11, 2013

I knew him...

Our Daily Bread
I briefly attended seminary when I was a younger man. I also worked for the state Baptist association teaching music classes and leading music at church camps.  I was fortunate to meet Robert Hastings who wrote The Station.  Every time I read the poem I think to myself "I knew him!"

To be frank, I never realized that the books 1 and 2 John were written by the apostle John, one of the twelve apostles.  I thought it was by someone who was also named John.  The apostle John obviously had an in-person relationship with Jesus.  He could say "I knew him!".  I will read those books with more interest now!

Even though we don't have the luxury of knowing Jesus in person, we can still have a personal relationship with him.  Talk to him about it today!

Lord, thank you for coming down to earth for us.  Please help us always pursue a personal relationship with you!

Foodie Friday
A friend made a quick and easy recipe for black bean soup the other night.  See what you think.

Easy Black Bean soup
2 cans black beans
1 can chicken or vegetable stock
1 jar of salsa (mild, medium or hot, depending on your preference)

Mix the ingredients together in a sauce pan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes.  Easy!

I am making some this weekend, however, I am using fresh black beans instead of canned.  A little more trouble, but I think they taste better than canned.  I am also adding some Andouille sausage to mine as well.  Nice!

*************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment