Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Joy

Our Daily Bread
We usually talk about joy around Christmas.  I liked that the devotional site talked about it the first week of the new year.  Can we all have joy this year?  Can we remember the joy of our salvation?

I remember a song called Shepherd's Song by Reba Rambo that expressed joy in so many ways.  It talked about the passage from John 15:1-7 where the shepherd found his lost sheep.  He rejoices.  He calls together his friends and family to rejoice with him.  The devotional also talks about Christians supporting new believers with the struggles of a new faith.

For the new year and every year, let us all rejoice with each other.  We have so much.  We rejoice so little.

Lord, thank you for your love and mercy.  Please help us rejoice and be glad!

Wellness Wednesday
A New Year, indeed
Last week, I talked about setting goals for 2013.  Here are my goals.  I think they follow the SMART rules pretty well!

  1. Recommit to healthy lifelong eating habits.  I take too many "vacations".  I am allowed one free day per week.  I will target 2100 calories or so per day, depending on my exercise and blood sugar levels.
  2. Lose sixty pounds this year.  I started using the LoseIt app on my iPhone again.  I did very well with that app last year, but lost interest.
  3. Establish and make habit my lifelong healthy workout regimen.  Muscle group workouts three days per week.  Cardio two days per week.  Rest two days per week.  
  4. Finish my first year of EfM.  We are almost half way through the year.  
  5. Start my second year of EfM (this Fall).
  6. Sing in at least two singing groups.  
  7. Reduce my credit card debt by 50% by more disciplined spending and more aggressive payoff schedule.

I think that is it.  There are some other things that I would like to happen in 2013, but they cannot follow the SMART principles for goals.  I will have to follow God's leading and be open to his will.  I can do this (see the tag line below...).

Happy New Year!

********************************************
I will trust in the Lord.  I will wait patiently for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment