Thursday, January 3, 2013

Why can't we all just get along?

Our Daily Bread
You may or may not remember the massive riots that occurred in Los Angeles in 1992 that were sparked after the acquittal of four policemen on trial for beating an African-American man.  The entire thing was caught on videotape so it was difficult to understand why they were acquitted.  The riots lasted for six days.  Rodney King, the man who was beaten, asked "Why can't we all just get along?"

God asks us that question every day.  Not just to his children, but to all of mankind.  Why is there so much senseless violence that we read about every day or see on the news?  Small children shot.  Dozens injured or killed in a bombing.  Hundreds or thousands killed in "cleansings".  Can't we all just get along?

I have to ask myself that every day.  If I am completely honest with myself, I am one of the "prickly" people mentioned in the devotional.  Yes, I can be the best friend you ever had.  I can also be a prickly person -- very prickly...  ;-(  I am praying for the mind of Christ to make me whole and to help me shed the thorns.  I seem to get the most prickly when I feel others don't make me the same priority that I make them.  I am working on this, too.

Lord, thank you for a perfect example of how to treat folks.  Please help us have the mind of Christ each day and in each interaction.

Technology Thursday
I wrote about the Raspberry Pi computer-the-size-of-a-credit-card last week.  I got some work done on setting it up.  I am ready to try booting it up for the first time.  I will let you know how that goes.

Here are a few technology tidbits from the Internet:
How to Sync All Your Calendars Onto One Smartphone

Barnes & Noble revenue falls sharply, sells fewer Nook devices

Rumors of Apple’s potential Waze acquisition heat up - Waze would fix the Apple Maps app!

Apple testing new iPhone, iOS 7: report

************************************
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment