Monday, January 7, 2013

It's in there!

Our Daily Bread
I used to watch TV a lot more when I was younger.  I remember a commercial for a pasta sauce that had the catch phrase "It's in there!".  Garlic? It's in there!  Fresh tomatoes? It's in there!  Real Italian spices?  It's in there!  ha!

We could write a similar commercial for the Bible.  It could go something like this:
Doctrine -It's in there!
Reproof - It's in there!
Correction - It's in there!
Instruction in righteousness - It's in there!
Given by God - It's in there!

Yes, all the things that we need to "be equipped for every good work" is in there!  Read it today!

Lord, thank you for giving us your Word.  Please help us study and learn to do every good work we can!

Movie Monday
I saw two movies last week: This is 40 and Hitchcock.

This is 40
OK, I don't remember 40 being this way!  Oh well, I guess my life is just very different than a lot of folks!  This movie was too long and too serious for the topic.  I thought it was supposed to be a comedy.  It was way too serious way too much for me.  It was too long, so my friend and I kept looking at our watches hoping it would mercifully end soon.  Oh well.  I will say the funny parts were usually very funny, but there weren't enough of them to carry the movie.

I give this movie one bear paw.  Don't waste your money seeing it at the theater.  See it on Netflix only if you have seen every other recent movie.

Hitchcock
At the opposite end of the spectrum is the movie Hitchcock.  It was about the making of his masterpiece, Psycho.  The story was fascinating.  The insight into Hitchcock's relationship with is wife was very cool.  The performances by Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren were amazing.  It was also cool to see the lookalikes they found for the characters in Psycho.

I give this movie three bear paws.  There is no compelling reason to see it in the theater.  It is probably only playing in an arts film theater any way.

******************************
I am far from perfect, but despite my mistakes and my sins, I will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon me - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment