Friday, January 4, 2013

Who is first?

Our Daily Bread
The "me" generation.  That is what the Baby Boomers were called for many years.  I am a part of it.  I was born towards the end of that era.  I also admit that too many things in my life are about me.  It is only human nature.

The devotional talks about how searching for happiness via anything other than seeking God is a waste of time.  Yes, food, stuff, wealth, etc may offer some short term happiness, but true happiness comes from a healthy, vibrant relationship with God.  The happiness is augmented and transcended by a joy that goes beyond understanding.  My prayer is that we all seek this each and every day!  Seek first the Kingdom of God.

Lord, thank you for giving us the way to live that brings your heaven to earth.

Foodie Friday
I love eating out when I go to St Louis to visit my best friend.  We had three very nice meals last weekend when I was there.  Here are the restaurants and what we ate.

Onesto's
Onesto's is primarily known as a pizza place, but the daily menu has lots of surprises.  I had my mouth set for pizza (The Animal, their meats pizza) and then I saw the Beef Stroganof on the specials menu.  I ate the beef stroganof, then took the pizza home for snacking and breakfast!  ha!  The beef stroganof was very tasty, though different than what I was accustomed to.  The meat was very tender.  Lots of garlic.  Very large noodles.  The Animal pizza was very tasty as well, but didn't have enough sauce on it.  I like sauce.

Kemoll's (Top of the Met)
This restaurant is on top the highest  building in St Louis.  Our table overlooked the Arch!  It was very cool.  Their New Year's Eve special was very good.  They had fanfalle pasta with peas, prosciutto and garlic cream sauce. The salad was light and tasty with greens and balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  The main course was sea bass, filet mignon and asparagus.  The dessert was New York style cheesecake.  The open bar added to the fun!

Uncle Bill's
We change pace here.  Uncle Bill's is a St Louis favorite for their breakfast menu which is available all day.  They are also open 24 hours.  They 2x2x2x2 early morning special is great.  I usually have it later in the morning when it is $1 more.  Two eggs, two pancakes, two strips of bacon and two sausage links or patties. MmmMmmmm.  I love their buckwheat pancakes the best.  Talk about sticking to your ribs!  My only complaint is that I eat waaayyy too much when I go there!

*******************************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment