Thursday, January 24, 2013

Role model

Our Daily Bread
There was a gay couple in the movie Love! Valor! Compassion! that had been together for a few decades.  When they were celebrating an anniversary with friends, one of them said "Yeah, role models.  So much pressure!"

Can you even imagine the pressure that Jesus had when he lived among us?  He had the weight of the sins of the world on his back!  We often disregard this because he was God Incarnate, but he was still human.  Human to be tempted as we are tempted.  Human to have emotions like we have emotions.  Human to die like we are going to die some day.  How did he deal with all of these things?  He spent time with his Heavenly Father and he did his work.  That is what Jesus, our role model, calls us to do today.

I have a new rule: I have to spend more time in Bible study and prayer than I spend at the movie theater.  Whoa...  God had a little talk with me this morning that I need to make him a higher priority!

Lord, thank you for making a way for our salvation and re-establishing a right relationship with you. Please help us make you the top priority in our lives!

Technology Thursday
Coursera
A friend told me about the website Coursera.org.  It is a web site that offers online classes from major universities for free.  The classes do not count towards an official degree, but you can take as many as you can handle and document them on your resume.  I listed "Completed one online class" on my performance plan this year at work.  I am enrolled in the Fundamentals of Computer Networks class this term.

There are lots classes with a lot of different universities.  Check it out today!

****************************************

Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment