Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Da-do-run-run

Our Daily Bread
Yes, I did it.  I referenced a silly Shaun Cassidy song in my blog entry title.  Sorry!  I thought I had used my other "run" themed titles.  I was desperate.  ha!

The theme of the devotional is "running to God".  I don't think we need any lessons on that because it seems we do that ALL the time!  ha!  We spend a lot of time running to God when we mess things up so bad that we don't know what to do or how to get out of the situation.  I finally understood the point of the devotional -- run to God before you mess things up!  Go to God for strength to avoid the sin!  What a concept!  Just kidding,  We all know that.  We often forget as we live our lives and try to live for God.  Da-do-do-run-run to God!  ha!

Lord, please help us run to you in times of temptation so you will deliver us from evil, just like the prayer says!

Wellness Wednesday
8 lessons for living a full life
I found this cool article last week.  I listed the eight things below.  Read the full article for more details.

Marry someone like you
Honor your vows
Share your kids' lives
Learn from bad experiences
Choose happiness
Stay connected
Accept life as it is
Don't worry about dying

Of course, I would add having a strong, active relationship with God to that list as well!  I would put that at number one!

***********************************
I pray the weight of my sins doth not crush me back to dust from where I came. I pray that God create in me a new, clean heart and place a right spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of my salvation. Praise the Almighty God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment